Ikelite Housing for Panasonic DMC-LX5 Digital Compact Camera
- Dive into underwater photography with our most compact true TTL camera system. The Compact Digital housing is high quality, extremely durable, and backed by Ikelite's long-standing reputation for excellence.
Proprietary conversion circuitry allows two-way communication between the camera and Ikelite Substrobes providing true TTL exposure. In addition to providing the most accurate automatic exposure, this ensures a faster recycling time and longer camera battery life as compared to fiber optic TTL systems. Take advantage of this powerful feature by attaching any current model Ikelite DS Substrobe. See the "External Underwater Strobes" section for complete details.
All camera controls except the Flash Open Switch are fully functional through the housing and depth rated to 200ft (60m).
Two 12-24 threaded mounts on the bottom of the housing allow for the secure attachment of optional trays and lighting accessories.
Includes one 1cc tube of silicone lubricant, flash diffuser, flash deflector and vinyl port cover.
- Size and Weight.
- 7" wide x 5" high x 5.4" deep including controls and lens port.
- 18cm x 13cm x 14cm.
- 2.8lb (1.3kg) above water.
- Slightly negative buoyancy in fresh water.
- Spare Parts.
- #0109 Spare Main Housing O-Ring
#5020 Silicone Lubricant in 4 1cc Tubes
#0200 Replacement Vinyl Port Cover
- Camera's Built-in Flash.
- An included flash diffuser improves lighting quality when the camera's built-in flash is used. A built-in flash is effective between 1-3 feet (0.3-0.9m) from the subject in clear conditions. For best results an external underwater strobe is recommended.
- External Color Filters.
- Color filters replace some of the reds, oranges and more natural tones that would otherwise be lost underwater. Effective in relatively shallow, sunny conditions. Available as #6441.41 for tropical blue water and #6441.81 for use in green water settings. For optimum results use in combination with manual white balance (see camera user guide for information on setting custom white balance).
What People are Saying
What's in the box