Offering incredibly high resolution and color accuracy, the H6D-400c MS from Hasselblad is a specialized medium format camera system that is distinguished by its unique multi-shot capabilities. Compared to traditional single-shot images, this multi-shot capture records up to six sequential images and automatically composites them into a single 400MP-equivalent frame with noticeably greater color detail and a near complete lack of moiré and aliasing. Helping to realize this impressive recording capability, as well as enabling high-resolution single-shot shooting, too, this camera system is based on the H6D-100c platform and its 100MP 53.4 x 40mm CMOS sensor. The CMOS design affords a wide sensitivity range of ISO 64-12800, along with 16-bit color depth and a dynamic range of up to 15 stops to maintain notable detail and quality when working in the most difficult of lighting conditions. Coupled with an enhanced electronic platform with faster processing capabilities, the ability to shoot both UHD 4K and Full HD video at 30 fps in the Hasselblad Raw format is also supported.
Beyond imaging, the H6D also sports improved connectivity with the inclusion of a USB 3.0 Type-C connector for fast 5 Gb/s transfer speeds and more fluid tethered shooting performance. The back itself incorporates a bright, clear 3.0" 920k-dot touchscreen LCD monitor for live view shooting and intuitive settings control, and a mini-HDMI port is available for working with larger external monitors. In-camera saving is possible via dual memory cards slots-one CFast slot and one SD slot-and files can also be saved remotely when shooting tethered over USB 3.0. Built-in Wi-Fi can also be used in conjunction with iOS devices running the Phocus Mobile app, which permits wireless remote control of the camera as well as the ability to preview imagery and browse files
400MP Multi-Shot Capture
Differing from standard single-shot capture, this multi-shot system allows you to record either four or six sequential exposures, which are automatically blended into a single frame, in order to achieve greater color definition that is void of unwanted moiré and aliasing. During each multi-shot capture, the sensor physically moves, using piezo motors, in small increments between exposures in order to gain full RGB data for each pixel to afford heightened color resolution, sharpness, and clarity. This 400c back allows you to work in either 4-shot or 6-shot modes, with the ability to produce up to a 16-bit, 400MP-equivalent 2.4GB TIFF file.
100MP CMOS Sensor
Revolving around a large 100MP CMOS sensor, measuring 53.4 x 40.0mm, the H6D-400c MS is capable of capturing an extremely wide dynamic range of up to 15 stops along with vivid 16-bit color depth. When combined with the Hasselblad Natural Color Solution, tonal transitions and skin tones show immense depth, detail, and clarity for lifelike image quality, even in dark shadow and bright highlight regions. To suit working in a variety of lighting conditions, a sensitivity range of ISO 64-12800 is available, and still files are saved in the Hasselblad 3FR raw file format.
Updated Electronic Platform
An improved electronic processing platform offers quicker performance throughout the camera system, along with more flexible connectivity options. This platform also expedites the handling of the large image sizes and permits recording both UHD and Full HD video.
UHD 4K and Full HD Video
In addition to high-resolution stills shooting, the H6D can also record both UHD 4K and Full HD 1080p video at 30 fps. Video can be saved in the proprietary Hasselblad Raw format, which can be converted to the edit-friendly Apple ProRes format using Phocus 3.0 software. Full HD video can also be saved in the H.264 compressed format for greater editing flexibility with a variety of software options.
System Design and Connectivity
- Built-in 3.0" 920k-dot touchscreen LCD affords intuitive control over settings navigation and adjustment, and also permits bright, clear live view monitoring.
- USB 3.0 Type-C connector offers transfer speeds of up to 5 Gb/s for quick and responsive tethered live view and stills capture.
- In addition to tethered shooting, dual memory card slots are incorporated into the back for flexible storage capabilities. One CFast card can be used for fast read/write speeds, which are necessary for continuous shooting or UHD 4K video recording, and one SD slot is provided for backup storage and wide compatibility with existing cards and card readers.
- Benefitting video applications, as well as working with the back on technical view cameras, a mini-HDMI port permits use of an optional external monitor for clear monitoring. Additionally, audio in/out ports are provided for more flexible control over audio recording during video.
- Built-in Wi-Fi enables working with an iOS mobile device and the Phocus Mobile app for remote camera control, wireless image previews, and file browsing.
- Compatible with the updated range of HC and HCD lenses, which feature an improved leaf shutter unit for increased shutter and flash sync speeds of up to 1/2000 sec.
- Designed within a modular system, the H6D is comprised of the digital back, camera body, and an included HVD 90x viewfinder. Beyond the included components, additional optional viewfinders, film backs, and other accessories can also be used in conjunction with the digital back or the H6D body.
- Phocus 3.0 is a free image processing software that complements the H6D's capabilities and enables raw file processing for both stills and video, as well as a range of editing capabilities, including automatic moiré detection and the ability to work with adjustment layers for applying exposure, white balance, and color corrections.
|What's in the box||
Hasselblad H6D-400c MS Medium Format DSLR Camera
Hasselblad H6D-400c MS Medium Format DSLR Camera
- Battery Charger
- USB 3.0 Cable