For a brand that started off researching optical accessories way back in 2005, NiSi has come a long way. Over time, it has developed photography and cinema filters, launching more than a hundred products in this category. Thanks to its impressive and reliable products, NiSi has become a brand trusted by photographers worldwide. Even after their products’ massive success, it has not stopped. The brand continues to innovate and improvise, creating and launching 10-20 new products every year.
With 20 international patents for technology and design, NiSi has reached a point where there’s no turning back. And that is precisely why they focused on creating high-grade filters, has now ventured into crafting class apart lenses too.
Who Is NiSi 15mm f/4 Lens For?
The NiSi 15mm f/4 Sunstar Super Wide Angle Full Frame ASPH lens is a perfect fit for landscape photographers. What's more, it combines a compact form factor with a super-ultra wide field of view. It is well-suited not only for landscape but also seascape, night, architecture, interior and nature applications.
Specifications of the Lens
The impressive specifications and attributes of this lens make its entry into the market all the more exciting. This lens has several benefits, proving it to be a tough competition to all its counterparts in this range. Let’s understand these features better:
- The wide-angle lens offers a focal length of 15mm in a full-frame camera model. In the APS-C format for Fuji X-mount cameras, the focal length is 22mm.
- The aperture range spans from f/4 to f/22. With this range, you can comfortably use the lens to create magical wide-angle shots.
- The product has a stunning optical design, featuring 12 elements in 10 groups. The presence of one double-sided aspherical element and two extra-low dispersion elements further enhances the lens’s imagery. The optical glass ensures crystal-clear, vivid, and vibrant imagery. So much so that your landscape shots will look magically realistic.
- The lens flaunts NiSi’s hard surface coating technology, which improves the toughness and waterproofing of these glass elements. The wide-angle lens has a filter thread size of 72mm.
- Apply a NiSi lens filter for additional protection to this already tough lens. NiSi has different filter types in the 72mm category. The Natural Night filter (light pollution filter), the Circular Waterfall filter kit, or the NiSi 72mm S+ MC UV filters. Apart from these, NiSI has other unique filters too, which you can choose as per your requirement.
- Despite being loaded with the best of all features, this lens is very compact and lightweight. The lens dimensions are 75.6mm x 80.5mm (2.98” x 3.17”) while weighing merely 470 grams.
- The wide 112° angle of view is combined with an advanced optical design. It includes a pair of elements to achieve well-corrected, sharp, and colour accurate-image output.
- The manual focus design of this lens allows working with subjects as close as 20cm away. Also, it offers a maximum magnification of 0.13x.
Which Mounts is the NiSi 15mm f/4 Made For?
How To Traditionally Create Sunstars
Sunstars is just the extra sparkle and flare that can instantly enhance your landscape photography. Nailing the perfect sunstar technique is essential. With a little practice, you can master this magical photography technique right away!
The most significant factor in creating a beautiful sunstars effect is choosing the right aperture. The smaller the aperture, the better will the outcome be. Furthermore, Use a small aperture because the sun’s rays will diffract well and cause a stunning burst effect. The burst effect is best when the sun appears at its tiniest. Pinpoint light sources render the best results. Avoid experimenting with the sunstar effect in an overcast or hazy sky. The clouds blocking the sun will significantly reduce the burst effect. Adjusting the exposure and remembering to underexpose by two stops is a perfect start to creating a bang-on sunstars effect.
How The NiSi 15mm f/4 Sunstar Super Wide Angle Works To Create Sunstars
With the NiSi 15mm f/4 Sunstar Super Wide Angle lens, you can instantly create an impressive sunstar effect without effort. The lens delivers a stunning sunstars effect, as it features a unique aperture design that contains ten straight blades. It ensures that your sunstars effect is crystal-clear throughout the range. With an aperture off/4 to f/22, it breaks the paradigm of needing a smaller aperture to create impactful sunstars.
The lens features robust optical design, which adds clarity and detail to your sunstars effect.
NiSi has always been synonymous with perfection – everything about their products, right from design, features to performance, is to-the-point. It makes NiSi a trusted brand. NiSi’s filters have always been a popular choice. So it is heartening to see NiSi finally move into the lens space.
We’re looking forward to the top-notch range of lenses the brand will unveil in the coming years. The NiSi 15mm f/4 wide-angle lens has got us all excited for starters’ upcoming products.
In its very first product in the lens space, NiSi has managed to nail all the features. You need to consider investing in this lens right away. Especially if you’re looking for a wide-angle lens that will add a touch of magic to your landscape photographs. Priced at just $799 - what are you waiting for? Go ahead, pre-order your lens from Georges Cameras right away!