The Black Widow Heavy Duty Mark 3 is our top-selling gimbal for mid-large lenses. The HD3 takes the robust core of its predecessor and incorporates the same integrated CNC swing-arm of it's Pro2 Big Brother for serious stiffness and weight savings. Based on customer's requirements we have been able to:
- Shed some weight! The BWG-HD3 is only 2lbs 10oz. Savings over 2oz on the BWG-HD2.
- Seriously stiffer! The new CNC swing-arm is upgraded with a solid billet aluminum horizontal arm offering fantastic stiffness and improved vibration control for big lenses.
- Smooth tilt action! We have implemented a needle bearing system similar to our Jr.3 to offer unparalleled smoothness in the tilt axis. Even with a large load of camera and lens, there is virtually zero friction.
- Easily adjustable friction levels with the main tilt-knob to find the sweet-spot for motion control.
- Easy to steer! Rubberized knobs are comfortable and easy on the hands and hold well under cold and wet conditions.
- Powdercoat finish on the main body and black anodizing on all the aluminum parts makes for long term weatherability and durability.
- Suitable for lenses and cameras weighing up to 15lbs (600mm F4 + Pro body - No problem!).
- A stiff tripod recommended for up to 25lbs of load. 3/8"-16 mounting stud required.
- A Jobu Design lensplate (or other compatible Arca-Swiss style plate) for your lens.
- A lens with a rotating tripod collar. (Short lenses, or wide angles require the W.A.A. wide angle adapter, see Special Mounts)