Leatherman Surge - Black Oxide W/Molle Sheath - Box
The Leatherman Surge is one of our two largest multi-tools; a real powerhouse, built with our largest pliers, longest multi-tool blades and easy-to-use locks. A unique blade exchanger, replaceable 154CM wire cutters and four outside-opening blades give you quick access to the tools you use most. The Surge was built for tough jobs and the hands that do them.
- Needlenose Pliers: A cast pinching tool with an angled nose for holding or manipulating materials, ideal for small objects or tight spaces.
- Regular Pliers: A cast pinching tool for holding or manipulating materials
- 154CM Replaceable Wire Cutters: Replaceable bypassing cutting blades crafted from 154CM, meant for cutting regular and light-gauge wire. 154CM will keep its edge three times as long as traditional stainless steel for less down-time in the field.
- 154CM Replaceable Hard-wire Cutters: Replaceable bypassing cutting blades crafted from 154CM, meant for cutting hard wire. 154CM will keep its edge three times as long as traditional stainless steel for less down-time in the field.
- Stranded-wire Cutters: Concave cutters located under plier jaws for use on Stranded wire - smaller gauge wire bundled or wrapped together to form a larger conductor. The concave shape helps to keep the shape of the strands without crushing them.
- Electrical Crimper: Found in the jaw of the tool and used for general purpose crimping of electrical connectors.
- Wire Stripper: A useful notch for safely stripping multiple types of wire.
- 420HC Knife: A knife crafted from 420HC, a high-carbon stainless steel that is corrosion resistant and can be easily maintained.
- 420HC Serrated Knife: A toothed blade crafted from 420HC stainless steel. Serrations grab and cut materials easily, making this style of blade exceptionally useful for cutting through rope or fiber.
- Saw: A toothed tool made from 420HC stainless steel that is designed to work on a pull motion, which requires less effort and has less propensity for breakage. The open-tooth design keeps the saw from filling up with material, allowing the user to complete a job without pausing to clean the tool.
- Spring-action Scissors: Scissors for cutting paper or other light materials that automatically spring back to the open position when not being used. Sprung tools are helpful for reducing hand-fatigue, especially in scissors where the user may be opening and closing the tool many times to make multiple cuts in a row.
- Awl w/ Thread Loop: An awl is a tool that can be used to create or enlarge holes by puncturing materials such as leather or canvas. They can also be used to start stair steps for hunting stands. The thread loop can be used for sewing materials together when necessary.
- Ruler (8 in | 19 cm): A precise measuring guide for determining length in inches or centimeters, up to 8 inches or 19 centimeters.
- Can Opener: A lever/punch style tool to assist in opening canned goods, perfect for camping or in survival situations. The blade on this tool has been ground in a way that it pushes the cut metal into the rim, keeping sharp edges from cutting the user as the can is handled.
- Bottle Opener: A tool that allows the user to pop the top on a favorite beverage.
- Wood/Metal File: A 420HC stainless steel tool with a crisscross pattern that forms a rough surface for the user to file or smooth both wood and metal surfaces. The file pattern on Leatherman files is extended to the end of the file as well as down the side to give a file stoke and/or a more precise file edge.
- Diamond-coated File: A stainless steel blank coated with premium synthetic diamond particles which create a rough surface that can be used to sharpen hard steel blades with much more precision than wood/metal files.
- Blade Exchanger: This feature allows the user to swap out Leatherman and universal t-shank tools of the same length for specific jobs, extending the functionality of the multi-tool. The Blade Exchanger locks the tool into place for safety during use.
- Large Bit Driver: This driver slot holds any of the full-size Leatherman tool bits in place and allows the user to exchange bits for different jobs. Not intended for the eyeglass screwdriver tip.
- Large Screwdriver: A flat bladed screwdriver tooled from 420HC stainless steel, intended for use on larger slotted screws.
- Small Screwdriver: A flat bladed screwdriver tooled from 420HC stainless steel, intended for use on small slotted screws.
- All Locking Features: All locking features means that every tool and knife on the body of the handle, with the exception of the plier head, will lock into place. Note that the Crunch; however, does feature both all locking tools and plier head. The all locking design enables the user to operate individual tools safely and effectively. By locking them into place when fully open, the user can put pressure on the implement while safely completing the job, before manually unlocking the tool to stow it away.
- Lanyard Ring: This secure ring is for attaching the tool safely and securely to a lanyard. Often people who work near water or on scaffolding attach their tool to a lanyard on their person to avoid losing the tool if it's dropped.
- Outside-accessible Features: This multi-tool features tools that are accessible while the tool is in its folded or closed position, mimicking the functionality of a pocket knife.
- One-hand Operable Features: Every feature on this tool can be opened and operated with one hand. This enables the user to keep the other hand free for situations that require multi-tasking or a free hand.