Leatherman Mut Eod - Black Oxide W/ Molle Sheath - Box
When you're under pressure, the last thing you need to be worried about is having the right tools on you at the right time. From cap crimpers, a beefy field blade, and fuse-wire cutters, to a carbon scraper, bolt override tool and a replaceable C4 punch, the Leatherman MUT EOD has everything you need in an easy-access configuration for your specialized line of work. Accomplish your mission, maintain your field gear and lighten up your kit. All in a day's work.
- Needlenose Pliers: A cast pinching tool with an angled nose for holding or manipulating materials, ideal for small objects or tight spaces.
- Stranded-wire Cutters: Concave cutters located under plier jaws for use on Stranded wire - smaller gauge wire bundled or wrapped together to form a larger conductor. The concave shape helps to keep the shape of the strands without crushing them.
- 154CM Replaceable Fuse-wire Cutters: Replaceable bypassing cutting blades crafted from 154CM, meant for cutting detonation cord/time fuse for C4 explosives. Critical for explosives work, these cutters leave no fray. 154CM will keep its edge three times as long as traditional stainless steel for less down-time in the field.
- Military Performance Spec Cap Crimper: A blasting cap crimper for a C4 explosive fuse that is compliant with military performance specs.
- Electrical Crimper: Found in the jaw of the tool and used for general purpose crimping of electrical connectors.
- 420HC Combo Knife: A knife made from 420HC stainless steel with a half straight and half serrated edge. This style of blade gives the user a choice of precise cuts using the plain section, or cutting through fiber and rougher material using the serrated area.
- Saw: A toothed tool made from 420HC stainless steel that is designed to work on a pull motion, which requires less effort and has less propensity for breakage. The open-tooth design keeps the saw from filling up with material, allowing the user to complete a job without pausing to clean the tool.
- Replaceable Cutting Hook: A replaceable v-notch cutter ideal for cutting through straps, seatbelts, canvas, and other fabric-based materials.
- Hammer: This hammer can be used for pounding a tent stake, striking a nail, or other uses. It features a textured end to reduce contact slippage.
- Bolt Override Tool: This tool allows the user to manually eject a jammed round in an AR-15 platform rifle by removing the magazine, placing this stainless steel hook into the ejection port, and pulling back sharply. For use when the charging handle has been rendered dysfunctional.
- Replaceable C4 Punch: A replaceable punch crafted from 410HC stainless steel that threads onto a multi-tool. Intended for creating detonator holes in explosive materials.
- Replaceable Bronze Carbon Scraper: A replaceable bronze tool for removing carbon buildup from the bolt tail and bolt carrier of a firearm. Bronze is used because it is softer than steel and won't cause damage to the bolt carrier group parts while scraping.
- #8-32 Cleaning Rod/Brush Adapters: A cleaning rod and brush adapter for firearm cleaning kits with an 8mm diameter and 32 threads per inch; includes both male and female receivers.
- Carabiner/Bottle Opener: This tool features a one way gate and allows for easy clipping to a belt loop or strap. It can also be used to pop the top on a favorite beverage.
- Large Bit Driver: This driver slot holds any of the full-size Leatherman tool bits in place and allows the user to exchange bits for different jobs. Not intended for the eyeglass screwdriver tip.
Includes: 3/8” Wrench and Front-Sight Adjustment Accessory
- Handle Bit Storage: Conveniently store Leatherman tool bits in the handle of your multi-tool for easy access in the middle of a job, or for safe keeping when not in use.
- Replaceable Pocket Clip: A removable clip which allows the user to wear their multi-tool attached to a pocket or belt loop without the use of a sheath. By removing the clip, the user is able to easily carry their tool in a sheath if preferred.
- Outside-accessible Features: This multi-tool features tools that are accessible while the tool is in its folded or closed position, mimicking the functionality of a pocket knife.
- One-hand Operable Features: Every feature on this tool can be opened and operated with one hand. This enables the user to keep the other hand free for situations that require multi-tasking or a free hand.
- 420HC Stainless Steel: An improved, high-carbon (HC) form of 420 stainless steel that works well with high production tooling. 420HC's strength is optimized in Leatherman multi-tools by heat treatment.
- 154CM Stainless Steel: A high carbon, high alloy, and corrosion resistant stainless steel that holds its edge three times as long as 420 stainless steel. This steel is used on some premium Leatherman tool features, such as knife blades and wire cutters.
- Bronze: Bronze bushings are used in most Leatherman multi-tools with outside accessible tools. Located at pivot points, bushings allow a much smoother opening. Bronze is also used in specific tools such as the carbon scraper on the MUT and MUT EOD, where a slightly softer metal is preferred so it won't scar other parts during use.
- Black Oxide: Black oxide is a powder-based metal coating. Ideal for situations where giving away a position would be costly, it is widely used by the military for its effectiveness in reducing glare and reflection.